Adobe Acrobat XI Pro is a popular PDF editor and converter developed by Adobe. With this software, not only will you be able to modify the style or change the format of PDFs, but create new PDF documents. Adobe Acrobat XI Pro can generate a PDF from any document created in a program with the ability to print, such as Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), simply by selecting Acrobat as your printer. Similarly, it can create a PDF from scanned documents or from HTML pages. What makes the creation capabilities interesting is the possibility to create interactive PDFs by adding audio or video,; and ensuring documents meet accessibility standards for users with disabilities.
You will not only be able to modify the style or change the format of PDFs, but create new ones
The editing function of this software will allow you to modify PDF documents containing text or images, even if it is not the original file. This way you can add a sentence, change fonts, fix typographic errors, and replace, resize or adjust an image. Regarding conversion, you can turn PDFs into editable Word documents, Excel spreadsheets or PowerPoint presentations or vice versa, saving its formatting and style.
What are its advanced functionalities?
Apart from the already well-known, common uses of PDF utilities, this editor and converter has additional professional and advanced tools. For instance, you will be able to merge several PDFs into one file or create a complete portfolio with a click of the mouse. This option might be useful when you have to merge several chapters or units from different projects into a single archive.
Additionally, you and other document users can digitally sign the PDF using Place Signature or e-sign services. When than one user is updating the document, you can interact with them by posting comments as to what additional work has been done, or suggesting ideas or enhancements. Adobe Acrobat XI Pro enables users to export all those comments into a .doc file. When finished, you can compare the two versions of the document, to have a clear idea of what has been changed. Moreover, you can create PDF and web forms thanks to the FormsCentral local and online functionality. You can use existing professional templates or build your own one from scratch, plus convert the forms already created into usable PDFs.
Adobe Acrobat XI Pro 11.0.1 Features
The unique features of this editor and converter are as follows:
- Edit PDFs with text or images, even if it is not the original document
- Conversion of PDF files into editable Microsoft Office documents, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Create PDF files from Microsoft Office documents or HTML pages and make them interactive by adding audio or video
- Print or Scan to PDF
- Create PDF and web forms by using the provided professional templates, build your own from scratch or convert existing templates into usable PDFs
- Merge several PDFs into one file or convert them into a single portfolio
- Allow others to digitally sign the document with the EchoSign online feature or add your own with Place Signature
- Export the comments added to PDFs into a Word document
- Compare two versions of a file to see what has changed with Compare Documents
- Protect PDFs with passwords and permissions
- Create PDFs that meet accesibility standards for people with disabilities
- Integrated SharePoint services
If you want to read more information about this software before you download it, feel free to check the developer's site.
System Requirements for the download and setup
The minimum system requirements for the download and installation of Adobe Acrobat XI Pro are listed below:
- Operating System: Windows XP or later
- Processor: 1.3 Ghz or faster
- RAM Memory: 512 MB
- HDD: 1.85 GB of free space available
- 1024x768 screen resolution