Adobe Premiere Pro is a video editing software which allows you to modify any movie and insert elements such as text, music, sound or images in multiple formats.
This multimedia editor has a large number of advanced functions which allow you to create work with a high level of precision and flexibility. Besides, it adds a professional touch to your projects.
A downside is that its professional character may be a handicap for less-experienced users due to its steep learning curve. If this is the case, we recommend you to do a tutorial, take your time and start with the basics.
Adobe Premiere Pro comes with a wide library of effects, transitions and texts which can be all incorporated into your project.
While using this application, you will find the timeline is very helpful in projects since it gathers all the processes and tasks you carry out when creating a video. This way, every single effect, cut or addition of elements will be included in that timeline with a great level of detail.
Another remarkable function of this application is the monitor, which allows you to visualize images, videos and any kind of sound in real time. It includes with the classical play, pause and stop buttons but it also comes with a scroll bar to move back or forward and search for a frame.
Besides that, it offers the useful possibility of using two screens simultaneously: one in which you can see the original clip and another one that displays the new elements you have integrated to your movie.
It is also important to mention the excellent compatibility, since Adobe Premiere Pro supports other sound applications. This fact allows you to increase your productivity and spend the time wisely while developing any task with this video editor. In addition, this software can export your final project to multiple formats.
This utility is part of the Adobe’s suite of products, which makes it possible to integrate with other Adobe applications such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator or Adobe After Effects, among others.
Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 11.0 Features
The features of this video editor are listed below:
- Redesigned interface with a new timeline, shortcuts and copy and paste effects
- Revamped three-way color corrector
- Link & Locate option easier clip search
- Lumetri Deep Color Engine to apply better color grades
- Improved audio control
- Integration with Adobe Anywhere
- Closed captioning in which you can edit, view or import media
- Mercury Playback Engine (more support from GPUs, OpenCL and CUDA)
- Avid and Final Cut Pro projects import and export option
- Expanded Multicam editor
- Media Browser to find projects more quickly
- Broad native support for most common camera developers (Cannon, JVC…)
- Resizable thumbnails in the media browser
- New post-production tools
- New file format support for mobile devices, RAW, avchd, HD or DLSR
- Warp stabilization tool
- Real-time workflows and effects
- Improved 3D stereoscopic editing tools
If you want to know more about this video editor, check the author's site .
Before you download and run Adobe Premiere Pro, take a look at the system requirements listed below:
- Porcessor: Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Phenom II with 64-bit support
- Operating System: Windows 7 SP1 or later
- 4 GB RAM
- 4GB Free hard disk drive space and a 7200-RPM hard disk drive
- OpenGL 2.0 compatible Graphic Card, AMD Radeon HD 6750M / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 or higher with at least 1 GB VRAM
- Minimum 1280x900 screen resolution
- ASIO Protocol compatible Sound card
- Internet broadband connection required for activation
Create all sorts of clips, videos and presentations for your work or personal use with Adobe Premiere Pro. Take advantage of its advanced functions to find new possibilities. This editing software is suitable for both professionals and newbies with a user-friendly interface.
- Excellent integration and compatibility with other applications
- Wide format support
- Heavy on system resources
- System resources may not me suitable for laptops
Make your life a movie with Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
By Will Terry
On Thursday, April 10, 2014
As any Adobe software of the last couple Creative Suites, these applications feature a similar interface, which really makes them really useful and intuitive once you have learned about them. In this Adobe Premier Pro CS6, you can use all your knowledge about Photoshop or any other similar application for creating the video clips you always have wanted. The support with different GPUs makes this application more optimized than its competence. This way you can use you NVidia video card with CUDA features and similar thanks to the Mercury Playback Engine, which makes the most of this hardware component.
The color treatment and the several tools included in the application are superb, but maybe they are not as powerful as other video editors such as Sony Vegas for Windows. Truth be said; this is a good application, especially if you happen to be learning about video edition, but I believe that professional editors used other software that offer even more possibilities with greater hardware. The new post-production and 3D tools enhance the possibilities of this software. If you want to start editing clips, Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 can be your best partner for your new multimedia projects in your computer.
- Lots of tools available for your creations
- Optimizes your graphic card easily
- Not as powerful as other video editors