ABBYY FineReader is an Optical Character Recognition utility available to download in order to convert his scanned files into different digital formats.
This free trial version will help users to work better with physical documents as a reader. With ABBYY FineReader you can modify scanned documents, since it acts as a reader, and turn them into DOC or XLS files, depending on your needs.
The OCR feature allows the software to digitalize your physical papers with great fidelity to create editable files. You will be able to save time and work even faster with this software.
The ORC is an important part of the program. Thanks to this technology, ABBYY FineReader is able to interpret physical characters as well as different kinds of fonts and convert them into digital characters.
This application's powerful format-transformation features have awarded it with several honorable mentions such as The Editor’s Choice 2011, ensuring it's popularity in the media and communications field.
There are some alternatives, though they are not as well-equipped as this software. PDF Creator turns the documents into portable files, the opposite function of ABBYY FineReader.
On the other hand, Okdo Pdf to Doc Docx Converter turns your PDF files into Word compatible documents with a very easy process.
ABBYY FineReader 11 Professional Edition Features
These are the main features of this OCR utility:
- Document conversion at high speed (Black and White mode has converts faster)
- PDF conversion to editable documents
- More language support (Integration with Microsoft Word Custom Dictionary)
- EPUB and FB2 format conversion for e-books
- Adaptive Document Recognition Technology (ADRT) to reformat documents and maintaining the same appearance
- Attractive UI with automated tasks
- Variety of compatibility formats (Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat, Corel, etc.)
- Fast Processing Mode
- Screenshot Reader included
- Text Editor Tool which allows users to edit documents before saving them
- Digital photo recognition (Rotate, Crop, Eraser, 3D blur correction, Contrast, Brightness, etc.)
If you want to know more information about this tool, check the author’s site .
ABBYY FineReader is the recommended application for editing physical documents. With this application you won’t have any problems to modifying old textbooks or magazines and storing all on your computer.
You will be able to use it only for 15 days
Some functions are restricted
- Good conversion
- Diversity of formats
- Not very good at converting images