CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 is a graphics editor created by Corel which you can download to perform high precision vector modification to images, create blueprint schemes for printing out data or create high-quality objects with the Mesh tool.
This free trial software may suit your needs in case you need a standard set of drawing tools like layer support, effect generation, particle reproduction or more advanced vector-levelling tools.
Even if you require something more specialized for working with web objects, it comes fully supported with content management functions and advanced integration features. Fully integrated support from multicore processing also makes this program a fast solution to exploiting your system capabilities.
Powerful image editing software
This suite has a wide the range of tools and functions. It supports some different file types such as multimedia web content.
One problem with this program is that numerous tools and functions could be confusing to new users. The complexity of some functions can be an issue, but if you require a good graphic editor, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 is a good choice for achieving great results.
Tools and alternatives
The minor complexity issues that come with many of the tools tools are acceptable, given that the workflow and the new interface is easy to use. Whilst the interface is similar to the old one, it now allows a much higher level of customization and all the new tools are clearly visible.
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 Features
Below you can find the main features of this graphic editor:
- Corel Connect to find the correct content for your designs both in CorelDraw and Corel Photo-Paint
- Enhanced collection of templates, clipart, photos, bitmaps, presets, brushes and fonts
- Supports more than 100 file formats (JPEG, DOCX, AutoCAD, PNG, TIFF, RTF, and CGM)
- EPS filter to support files created with PostScript 3
- Adobe suite support
- New Guidebook to offer techniques and video tutorials to all kind of users
- New dialog boxes in CorelDraw and Corel Photo-Paint, Create a New Document and Create a New Image respectively
- Corel PowerTrace X5 enhanced with more accurate trace results
- Improved Drawing Tools and Curve Tools (B-Spline, Object Coordinates, Connector and Dimension Tools)
- Mesh Fill Tool to offer better color transitions and an enhanced Color Palette Manager with new Pantone profiles like the Pantone Goe system and the Fashion & Home Palette to customize your own color palettes
- New Pixel View to create your designs more accurately
- Round Corners option
- New photo effects in Corel Photo-Paint like Vibrance, Greyscale or Photo Filter
- Color Proofs option to test colors when you want
For further information you can visit the author's site .
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 is a good solution when it comes to graphic work. It has interesting features that will make your work much easier with some practice.
You will be able to use it only for 30 days
- Broad spectrum of functions
- Intuitive interface
- Advanced functions
- Quick task processing
- Minor export issues
Create the images you want with CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5
By Stephanie Jackson
On Monday, April 21, 2014
This is the Corel suite that made me into the amateur designing. This whole pack of utilities will let you create your own designs with good quality. The interface may seem a bit difficult but once you are familiar with its workflow you will see that is easier than you first thought. The official company has released some tutorial videos that will teach you from basic to advanced techniques in order to use correctly the graphic suite and all the tools it includes.
For those that are used to the Adobe Photoshop and all the other tools of that suite, this offers additional complements that will enhance the experience since both software packages support each other automatically. This way, even if you use other program as your main image editor, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 is compatible with your way of working. This is especially useful since it will provide new tools and functions that are not included in other graphic suites. For professional editors, this software will make anything you require for creating your new works from the beginning. Compatible with the main image formats, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 includes some applications like Corel PowerTrace X5 or Photo-Paint that will fulfill each graphic need you have with this single pack.
- A complete graphic suite that will help you
- Different applications that master all their functions
- Some tools are just too difficult for amateurs