Developed by Microsoft, Windows Media Player is multimedia software developed to play media content. With this latest download version, this is a more coordinated platform. It allows for the reproduction and synchronization of pictures, movies and music to mobile devices through its Remote Media Streaming technology. All you have to do is plug your device in to your PC and choose the files from your media libraries to transfer.
Windows Media Player 12 is available for Windows 7 and Windows 8, introducing many Windows 8 innovations. For example, creating playlists is much easier with this application thanks to improvements to its search engine. When you find the lists you are searching for, drag-and-drop them into the Windows program and your music compilation will begin.
This application offers tools to copy and record audio discs, so you only have to choose the data you want and place it on the CD. Burning your collection on your CD takes just a few moments. You can also extract music from CDs, while with its online connection, Windows Media Player has library updates providing you with new information about albums.
It offers a friendly environment and an improved system for connecting to external devices
Thumbnail taskbar. The latest version has added a simplified Windows player that offers a friendly and intuitive experience. Users can choose between the classic or new setup, where principal menu tools (play, previous and next, and the buttons to access to the library and insert media information) are rearranged, and it offers many themes and skins to customize its appearance.
There are also many add-ons to enhance your audio experience, such as listening to different Internet radio stations. Moreover, video and audio can be customized for decibels levels, brightness, rates, saturation, and contrast, among other options. This program doesn’t include natural codecs, but you need to get special codecs to play a file, you can get them for free online.
Windows Media Player 12 Features
New features of Windows Media Player 12 include:
- Burn, split and reproduce your own CDs
- It’s a simple program. Effortlessly play your audio or video files
- It includes options such as reverse, fast-forward or even the option to add bookmarks to a file
- Shortcuts. It offers the option to control actions through the keyboard
- Organize your library. Arrange your files based on the singer, style, album or release date
- Quick Access Panel. The main window includes a button to efficiently search your library
- Many visualization options, such as Battery, Alchemy, Waves and Bars
- Supports many video formats, such as MOV, MP4 or 3GP
- Modify its appearance. Customize the color interface and different skin modes
- Construct your own ActiveX button on the Internet
- Option to add additional programs such as effects, masks and views
If you require further information about this software before you download it, feel free to visit the author’s website
The minimum system requirements to download and install this program are:
- Operating System: Windows 7 or better
- Processor: Intel Pentium II 233 MHz
- RAM: 64 MB
- HDD Space: 200 MB of free space
Windows Media Player, also known by the acronym WMP, is evolving with the market. With this latest version, it offers a friendly, well organized and searchable environment with improved connectivity for external devices.
- It supports many digital file formats
- Improved internal search engine
- Integrates online functions
- Provides sync options
- It only works with the latest Windows versions
Play all your audio and video files with this fantastic media player
By Lily P. Evans
On Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Windows Media Player 12 has been developed by Microsoft Corp. and is the latest release of this useful software. It is available from Windows 7 and later versions. It serves to play almost every kind of video and audio files, from the most known such as MP3, MP4, or WMA to others such as ACC, DivX, Xvid or MOV.
Its most noticeable new feature is “Play To", which allows you to share music and video to other computers with Windows 7, or other compatible devices. Windows Media Player 12 has also changed its appearance, but not too much. You can only see this change in the color, and the layout of the toolbar. Now, the majority of the buttons and controls are hidden, so you have no interferences when watching a movie or listening to music. If you want to use any of the buttons, you only have to open the drop-down menu.
Moreover, playing audio and video files is not the only thing you can do with this software; you can also burn and synchronize your files. The software facilitates your labor thanks to the ability of creating lists. Once you have created a list, you can decide if you play it, if you burn it to a CD or DVD or if you synchronize it with other people.
- You can play multiple audio and video files
- You can create music and video lists
- You can burn CDs and DVDs
- There are better players in the market
A simple yet powerful and versatile multimedia software to use
By Renaley Jamir
On Thursday, April 10, 2014
The main reason I use Windows Media Player 12 up to now is because it comes pre-installed with Windows 7. I am not meticulous regarding the improvements and changes it has compared with the new version available in the market. I was not even expecting much difference too. I utilize this program for entertainment purposes. I use it mostly for music and video streaming only. This version can support some of the most popular media types or format compared to the older versions. With the use of Windows Media Guide, I can instantly browse some online stores, download songs, view videos and listen to Internet Radio. Another thing I like about Windows Media Player 12 is that it comes with very impressive plug-ins. I find changing my WMP’s skin fun although I encountered some compatibility issues because some skins catered for older versions only. I can choose from various skins online that fits my preference. I can do almost anything by just dragging and dropping components around the WMP’s interface. The menus integrate into the interface's design and provide instant access to the Windows Media Player's main functions. I can say this software is very accessible and anybody can use it without encountering any major concerns.
- Simple and easy to use
- It handles all media files in one place
- Built-in support for popular audio and video formats
- New taskbar thumbnail with playback controls
- Works only with the latest Windows version
- It has no support for podcasts